I hope you will agree that this recipe for Chocolate Cherry Smoothie is absolutely delicious. Frozen sweet cherries blended with cocoa powder and a hint of maple syrup and vanilla extract is an absolutely heavenly combination! This recipe is dairy-free, vegan, and paleo, and only takes a few minutes to make.
- 2 cups frozen sweet cherries
- 1/2 cup coconut beverage (the kind found in a box)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or two pitted dates)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder or 2 teaspoons cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 frozen cauliflower (optional)
- Place your frozen cherries, milk, maple syrup, cocoa powder, and vanilla in the pitcher of a high speed blender. Add the protein powder and frozen cauliflower, if you are using.
- Blend your ingredients on high for about 30 seconds, or until the smoothie is completely blended and creamy.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 48 hours.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe depending on how many servings you want.
- You can substitute two pitted dates for the maple syrup, if you prefer.
- Add a scoop of protein powder to make this a meal replacement.
- The nutrition data included with this recipe does not include the protein powder or cauliflower, and is only an estimate.
- Reduce the amount of milk in this recipe to 1/4 of a cup to make this a smoothie bowl.