Visit our e-commerce website for Conferences, Webinars, Medical Membership, eBooks etc [More Details]
Gluten-Free Veggie Pasta
This quick and easy Gluten-Free Veggie Pasta is a family favorite and perfect for busy evenings. This is also a great meal prep recipe that can be easily reheated or even eaten cold. Gluten-free with dairy-free options.
- 6 cups water (to cook the pasta)
- 1 8–ounce package gluten-free pasta(rotini, elbows, shells, spaghetti, or penne)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (for pasta water)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces vegan feta cheese or regular feta cheese, crumbled
- In a large stock pot, bring the water to a rolling boil. Carefully pour in the pasta and sea salt and cover the pot.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and simmer for 8-9 minutes, or according to the directions on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the onion, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes, and artichoke hearts, and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened. Turn off the heat and set the skillet aside while the pasta finishes cooking.
- When the pasta is done cooking, carefully drain it in a colander, reserving about ½ cup of the pasta water.
- Transfer the cooked pasta to a large serving bowl. Add the cooked vegetables and balsamic vinegar and toss with the pasta. Add a splash of the pasta water to help moisten the cooked pasta.
- Divide the pasta and vegetables between four serving bowls and top with feta cheese.
- Serve warm.
Carrie Forrest, MPH
For more photos and nutritional information for this recipe, please visit website