Visit our e-commerce website for Conferences, Webinars, Medical Membership, eBooks etc [More Details]
Ground Chicken Lettuce Tacos with Mango Salsa
Ground Turkey Lettuce Tacos with Mango Salsa is the perfect low-carb, flavorful dinner recipe. Add this 30-minute meal to your next meal prep. Gluten-free, grain-free, and super yummy!
- 1 ripe mango
- ¼ red onion, minced
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium limes, juiced
- 1 lb. 93% lean ground chicken
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- First, make the salsa. Peel and cut the mango into bite-sized pieces. Place in a bowl with the red onion and red bell pepper. Pour in the lime juice and stir it all together.
- Let the salsa sit on the counter or in the fridge for at least 30 minutes so the flavors can combine.
- Next, heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Stir in the ground chicken and use a spatula to break it up so it cooks evenly. Add the cumin, dried oregano, salt, and pepper for seasoning.
- When the chicken is completely cooked, remove the skillet from the heat and cover with a lid to keep warm.
- At this point, you’ll want to get the lettuce ready for serving. Chop off the base of the romaine and carefully pull off 8-10 of the outer leaves, being careful not to tear them. Wash them gently and pat them dry.
- When you’re ready to assemble the tacos, use a big serving spoon to fill the leaves with the cooked chicken, topping off each lettuce cup with some salsa.
- Serve the tacos with the avocado on top.
Carrie Forrest, MPH
For more photos and nutritional information for this recipe, please visit the website