Visit our e-commerce website for Conferences, Webinars, Medical Membership, eBooks etc [More Details]
How to Freeze Sweet Potatoes (Whole, Mashed, or Diced)
If you’re like me, you load up on bags of sweet potatoes from the warehouse store. Sweet potatoes are so nutritious and delicious, but did you know they can also be frozen? This article shares how to freeze sweet potatoes whole, mashed or diced.
4 whole sweet potatoes
- Wash and dry your potatoes. If baking whole, prick with a fork.
- Bake at 400°F for an hour, or until easily poked with a fork.
- Let cool completely before freezing in zip-top bags.
- Another option is to cut and blanch the potatoes. Simply boil for 5 minutes until they are slightly tender. Dry completely before freezing in a single layer on parchment.
- Once completely frozen, add to labeled and dated zip-top bags.
- Sweet potatoes are best either partly or fully cooked before freezing – do not freeze raw!
- Potatoes will last in the freezer for 10-12 months; be sure to remove as much air from the bag as possible.