Visit our e-commerce website for Conferences, Webinars, Medical Membership, eBooks etc [More Details]
Keto Mexican Rice
Keto Mexican Rice is a flavorful side dish that is made using cauliflower. This low-carb rice dish is full of authentic flavor and can replace regular rice when you’re watching your carb intake. Gluten-free, grain-free, and keto-friendly.
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, washed and broken into florets (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional, for topping)
- Place the cauliflower florets in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the “S” blade.
- Process on high for about 15 seconds, or until the cauliflower florets have been broken down into cauliflower rice.
- Transfer the cauliflower rice to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for about 3-4 minutes, or until the onion start to soften.
- Add the cauliflower rice, sea salt, and pepper, and sauté for another 3-4 minutes, stirring often to keep the cauliflower from burning.
- Then, stir in the tomato paste and cook the rice for 5 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle the top of the rice with the chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.